A Fortune 500 hardware manufacturer needed to deploy Windows 10 to their global user base, worldwide, in different languages and preferred to have Windows as a Service (WaaS) for regular Windows OS upgrades.
- Introduced add-ons for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to intelligently use network bandwidth to deliver patches and upgrades.
- Implemented Windows 10 Azure Analytics to check the readiness of the devices for an upgrade to Windows 10.
- Developed the Windows 10 upgrade to 85% of employees within four weeks.
- Implemented Windows “in-place” upgrade instead of “wipe and load” upgrade for automatic Windows upgrade.
- $4.2 million cost reduction with the decommissioning of the servers over three years.
- Decommissioned 165 distribution point servers.
- 60% reduction in Help Desk call volume with Windows 10 upgrade.